Friday, July 19, 2013

Partner swaps

I can now reveal a few items I made for swaps on the Cricut message board.
My first project posted is another new adventure for me. We had to make a Domino book for our partner. Mine asked for Steampunk/Halloween. I'm not really a big fan of Halloween and haven't done much steampunk but I think I did okay!!!!
I used  3 different colors of Chunky embossing powder on the dominos. I grunged up the embellishments and added glowing eyes on the skeleton. For the inside I used Graphic 45 Steamounk Spell paper line.


 
My next project was to alter something recycled and my partner asked for something Fall themed. I had what I though was a great idea but it fizzled!!!
So I found some old 4X4 posts that were part of our old deck and made them into candle holders. I used the Elmer's glue method of crackling, then put on a few coats of mod podge.
I added some artificial flowers on the top  and  tied some raffia around the middle.
 
 
 
 



1 comment:

Lori said...

Jean, I think it was great adventure! The domino book came out awesome. Love it! I love the altered posts. I wouldn't have known they were posts.