Sunday, July 14, 2013

Altered frames

 Between finishing up some swaps  and trying to make some things for a craft show, I have been super busy the last week or so.
 I have a few frames finished. For these, I used the Elmer's glue technique. First you paint your frame with any color that you want to show thru  your top coat and let it dry. I used brown  on one and black on the other two . Then apply a coat of Elmer's glue. Once it gets tacky, you put on your top layer of paint.  I used white on all of mine but you can use any color.  Always use your darker color to paint the frame. Just make sure and not go back and forth too much or the paint mixes with the glue and the effects aren't as good.
Very simple and you get a great look.



Thanks for looking!!!! I'll be back with some different ones once I cut my new craft knife.
 
Here are a couple more than I finished up. I used regular printed paper, trimmed with a craft knife, sanded and inked all the edges and then added some embellishments.

Thee last 2 were done using chunky embossing powders. Both fall colors with one being more browns and the other is more reddish A very different look and I still need to add some embellies.

 
Thanks for looking. If you have any questions on how I made any of these, feel free to ask.
 
 

No comments: