Sunday, November 7, 2010


It has been awhile since I have posted but I have been busy with lots of projects.

I am participating in 3 different swaps on the Cricut MB and have been making cards also for Cards for Soldiers.
Here is a picture of my 6 Christmas Vintage ATC's for GrammaP's Swap. You had to pick something from a song and make it into an ATC. Sounded simple at first but then it got a bit more challenging.



The first one is from White Christmas. "WHERE TREETOPS GLISTEN". I used Pine Needle Distress embossing powder on the trees and a little brown on the church. After heating it all, I went over it with a little bit of Pine Needle Distress ink. I then added some white Texture Magic along the bottom. To finish it off and make it glisten, I used a paint brush and lightly went over the trees and snow with white stickles. Background is green on brown.


The 2nd one is a "STOCKING" which I took the word from Santa Claus is Coming to Town. I saw a McCalls pattern
for stockings and this one looked Chrismasy so I thought I'd try to duplicate it!! I used the ice skate from the Noel cartridge. I cut one in black and 1 in plaid and then cut off the skate part. I used some vivelle for the stocking top and added some little gift and holly embellishments. Some Black Diamond stickles finished it off. I used a green print paper for the background.

Number 3 is for SLEIGH RIDE. Here I used a stamp image that I found online. I inked some plain mesh with black and adhered it to red print vintage pape.rI inked the stamp with black and popped it on the mesh. I distressed the edges of the red before glueing it to the black background Added some black brads and some holly and that was it.

Picture number 4 is "SANTA"! I had a hard time trying to do something for group 6 so I ended up with Santa.
I found the picture online. LOVE IT!!! I found some old pages of a book, inked them up, glued them to a brownish/tan background paper. I then added some jute ribbon at a angle, glued Santa  off center and added some pearls.

Picture #5 ANGEL is for It Came Upon a Midnight's Clear. Not very creative but I love how it came out. I took a stamp that I bought at M's and used Gold embossing powder and heat set it. Rubbed a little ink across the top of it and glued it down to some gold colored cardstock. That's all I did!!!

Last one was another tough one so I decided on "PRESENT". I searched for Vintage wrapping paper online and printed it out. I "wrapped" the present, used jute twine for the ribbon. I added a to & from tag along with a wooden star in place of the bow.

2 comments:

Kate said...

These are fabulous - ALL of them!! Great job, Jean!!

Rachel said...

Love them all, each one is special in it's own way. I can't decide which is my favorite!