Saturday, August 31, 2013

It is labor day weekend and that means fall is right around the corner. Where in the world did summer go? August wasn't very summerlike here in RI, more like Sept.
I have slowed down a bit on crafting to get ready for the holiday swaps that will be coming up on the Cricut MB.
So while I am in between swaps, I continue making  cards for Cards for Soldiers. We can make everyday cards any time and then do specialty ones when they post a new themes. We just finished up Christmas in July and have moved on to Fall cards.
I am not a fancy card maker especially if I want to make quite a few. I tend to go simple with most of my cards and my layouts also. (Once in awhile I do amaze myself)
I sometimes like to use photos on cards so I decided to print some out and use a grid.  I found a grid in the new Artbooking Cartridge and printed it out at 5". I had to trim it once I  had it glued  to the picture but that worked out well. Just a little stamped sentiment and the cards are good to go. I used different cardstock from a fall colored stack that I had.


 
 
 I also tried out a masking technique. First you use markers to ink up your stamp. Doesn't matter where you put the colors really. They will all come out a bit different!!!! Stamp on the center of your cardstock. Take a cut out of the leaf and tape it over where you stamped. (I use removable scotch tape.) I then take some 1/4" tape and put it in a pattern around the edges. Once I have that done, I stamp over the whole thing with a script stamp. Before removing any of the tape or leaf pattern, I ink it up using my TH distress ink. Then I remove all the tape and the leaf. Not bad for my first try but next time I'll try to add a bit more  orange, green, yellow to the leaf as it looks too read to me.
Finally I took some of my scraps and punched out some circles and hearts to make these cards. Hearts are supposed took like a bunch of balloons!!!! The circles were punched from embossed papers I had stashed away.


So that is my card making for the last few days. I have a few more hearts and circles so I'll make a few more
 
Happy crafting everyone!!!!! 
 

1 comment:

Kelley said...

I love the cards. THe use of the grid is a wonderful addition. My favorite card is the distressed hearts one. So cute. Love the circle ones too.