Monday, August 19, 2013

Die cut projects

I am back from a couple busy weeks with crafting, summer cleaning, etc. Plus I have enjoyed this cool weather!!!!

I finished up my Cards for soldiers and also my Die cut swap projects. We had to use die cuts and make 3 projects for a partner. Because my partner likes Halloween, I decided to try a haunted house scene that I had seen on the Sizzix blog.  I used about 7 different die cuts, inked and heat embossed some of them to make that grungy look! I like how it came out and it was certainly fun putting it together.
 
 
 My partner sent me a picture of something she saw on the internet and  liked but  I wasn't sure if I could do it or not. I tried it and while it came out OK! I wasn't happy with the way the pages split. I used a large TH pumpkin die and cut out a paperback book in that shape. I inked the pages and then opened up the book and glued it to a stick forming the round pumpkin. I added some greenery and acorns to finish it off.
 

My 3rd project was a small shadow box using the bottom of a wooden box. I used tree die cuts, deer die cut and a star die cut. The deer and star were covered with tissue paper and inked. The tree cuts were painted and then snow was added. The 3D trees were TH and I used the same paint on them as the other trees. Again I added snow. All assembled it came out very festive looking.

No comments: