Sunday, July 4, 2010

4th Of July

Wishing everyone a "Happy 4th of July"

I have been looking thru my blog and have decided that from now on, I will add the particulars for the projects that I have posted. If anyone wants to scraplift, they will know what cartridges I used, sizes etc. I don't always know what name brand of cardstock I may be using as some of it is from my scrap file. If I know what papers I used, I will certainly let you know.
The Owl card is a regular A2 size.
The Owl is cut from the Disney Happily Ever After Cartridge. The tree branch is from Camp Out. They were cut at either or 2.5 or 3 inches. I used the regular & shadow cuts for both. The dark brown for the card, owl shadow and the saying mat was just cardstock I had. The branch shadow waas in a light brown. The card front, owl and saying papers were from Song Bird DCWV paper stack. I used my ticket corner punch on the corners of the saying. I used an Inkadinkadoo(sp) stamp. .

The Fall card is made with 2 different shades of orange cardstock and the patterned paper was bought at ACM last fall. I don't know the name of it, sorry.
I made an A2 size card using dark orange. I cut a lighter orange piece 4 X 5.25 and cut the patterned paper 3.75 X 5. I then cut the patterned paper into 3 strips 1.25 X 5 and glued then onto the lighter orange card front. I used green ribbon to match the green in the pattern and folded it over the metal clips(I have no idea what you call these)and adhered the ends to the back of the light orange card front. (I just use scotch tape as it will never show anyway.) LOL I attached a metal label holder with a couple brads and adhered the front to the dark orange card.

1 comment:

Kate said...

That's great that you are listing how you do things - especially the cartridges. I often use Scotch tape on the back of my cards as well. Happy Fourth of July to you!